OUR RENTAL HOUSES AT CASTAGNETO CARDUCCI
Situated on top of a hill dominating the surrounding countryside and sea, this enchanting medieval village clusters around Della Gherardesca Castle, which dates from around the year 1000. The village is full of stone-paved alleys, natural terraces with views of the sea and countryside, harmonious squares, old craft shops and typical restaurants.
Some interesting historical sites are the Praetorian Palace, now the Town Hall, the Church of St. Laurence and the Church of the Holy Cross, with its wooden crucifix dating from the fifteen century. The Municipality, which was originally called Castagneto Marittimo, changed its name in the early nineteen hundreds in honour of the great poet, Giosuč Carducci who lived there for part of his life. The house where he lived is now a museum.